Better sleep. It’s something we all want – and science has proven that good sleep can make us happier, healthier people. But between work, kids, hours spent in front of screens, life and stress, good sleep can be hard to come by, so what can do we do to make it better?
One of the most important ingredients in good sleep is comfort. Creating a comfortable bed with the right covers and pillows, and a cozy, relaxing environment can go a long way to promote better Zzzz’s.
Rest Your Head
Let’s start with pillows. There’s nothing worse than waking up with a stiff neck because of a pillow that’s not working! The general rule is that pillows should be replaced about once a year – and if you can fold your pillow in half and it stays that way, or you’re waking up stiff and sore, it’s time to replace it. Consider how you sleep for a good pillow match:
• Stomach sleepers do well with a softer pillow, like our Meditation Soft Down Pillow.
• Back sleepers should have a little more support and firmness – Mediation Firm Down Pillow is a good fit.
• For side sleepers, a medium support pillow like our Mediation Medium Down Pillow works well.
Also keep in mind that pillows, like comforters and duvet inserts, are made with a variety of materials so choose yours wisely. Allergy sufferers (and vegans) should steer clear of down and go with a down alternative, like our Mantra Down-Alternative Pillow, made with easy-care, hypoallergenic poly.
Take Your Temperature
Another key (and sometimes divisive) ingredient in good sleep is temperature. Some of us like to layer on the blankets for a cocoon of warmth while others run hot and sleep better with a lighter layer. Creating the right temperature is easy with the right type of layer – consider our three different duvet inserts, each designed for a different level of warmth:
• For warm weather, or sleepers who like a light layer, choose our Chrysalis Down Duvet Insert.
• For sleepers who like a toasty layer, try our Savasana Down Duvet Insert.
• And for the frigid temperatures or sleepers who like premium warmth, opt for our Hibernation Down Duvet Insert.
Bring on the Night
Another factor in sleep quality is light! These days most of us spend countless hours in front of light-emitting computer screens, tablets and smart phones. Creating a relaxed atmosphere away from all of that light is essential for good sleep. One way to achieve this is with the right window coverings.
Featuring our Greylock Gold Curtain Panels.
Featuring our Blue Ines Curtain Panel.
Our window panels are easy to hang and a great way to give your bedroom a stylish, cozy feel. With a broad range of chic, lined linen panels, we have styles for every décor that’ll keep the room dark and help promote a good night’s sleep.
What about you? What are your favorite tips and tricks for better sleep?