We had so much fun putting together our first round of sleepwear-as-beachwear looks [link to previous post] that we decided, Why not a few (okay, six) more? This time around, we’ve set everything from robes to lounge pants and linen tunics to work over our favorite swimsuits, and we love the laid-back cool feel of these outfits—ideal for transitioning from the seashore to the café, and for hanging out at pool parties. Take a peek at our styling suggestions, and don’t forget to enter the giveaway for one of Annie’s new easy-chic nu-mus!
1. If a little color makes everything more fun, what does a lot of color do? Turn your solid bathing suit up about a dozen notches! Toss on this adorable, superlightweight cotton voile robe tie the belt in back to show off the suit, or knot it in the front for a more modest look. Add metallic wedges and some shapely sunglasses, and you’re good to go.
2. About as easy as it gets. Belt a thigh-length linen tunic with a fabric, beaded, or leather tie, pull up on the top for a blouson effect, and unbutton it enough to show off a preppy-cute rope necklace. Flat metallic sandals give the outfit an upscale feel, while the chipper anchor tote has instant beach appeal.
3. We love a maxi dress, and this elegant, flowing nu-mu—the ease of a mumu with an updated, slimmer shape and a waist-defining drawstring—is long on style. We chose a summery tangerine print, which contrasts beautifully with a turquoise necklace and chunky bangles, and went with metallic sandals, but heels also look great, especially on petite figures.
4. A slim tank top and wide-leg Willow Knit pant flatter pretty much every body type and don’t create bulk over a bathing suit. Bonus: these bamboo-blend pants feel cool on, even when temperatures soar. We like this look with statement-making shoes and bold jewelry, plus a goes-with-anything rainbow tote bag that easily holds all of your beach essentials, from towels to water bottles, sunscreen, and books.
5. If you favor a style that’s a bit more covered up but still casual and youthful, pair a drapey white tank top with these fun ikat drawstring pajama bottoms and some platforms or wedges. A silver cuff bracelet and turquoise collar necklace lend a bit of shine and color, while the patterned tote echoes the print of the pants in a different hue. Even better: the tote is made of durable indoor/outdoor polypropylene, so you can hose it off and hang it to dry after your trip to the beach.
6. How cute are these pinstripe linen lounge pants, pegged and rolled to the knee, with a simple white bandeau? We woke up those pale neutrals with deeper-hued gladiator sandals, a chunky bangle, and opera-length statement necklace, plus a roomy woven cotton tote bag.
Now you can create your own fabulous beach look! Annie’s giving away one of her all-new Brushstroke Damask ankle-length Nu-Mus in summery Tangerine! Check out the Rafflecopter entry form below for 4 easy ways to enter! Contest ends on Sunday, July 7 at 11:59 p.m. EST. View the full details.
Congratulations to our winner, Alina from Michigan!