For all the years our younger selves subjected you to Mother’s Day gifts like $5 drugstore perfume, half-dead bouquets of flowers plucked from the neighbor’s garden, cups of lukewarm hot cocoa from a foil-lined envelope, and plates heaped high with pasty pancakes—all of which you somehow managed to greet with an enthusiastic smile (and, we hope, a hidden stash of Tums)—we say thanks bunches.
Also: sorry. Our bad.
Allow us to fix the error of our youthful ways by getting you something you really want for Mother’s Day this year. For help, we turned to the experts—our staff moms—to find out what’s on their wish lists. From cozy throws and comfy pillows to pajamas, tote bags, scarves, and poufs, they dished on some truly Mom-tastic holiday gifts. So we hope you’ll enjoy the heck out of them, and if we still didn’t quite hit the nail on the head, check out Pine Cone Hill’s selection of gift goodies, like robes, sleepwear, tech accessories, and more. We’re pretty sure you’ll find something you’ll love—for years to come.
Moms’ gift picks
1. “Definitely a Le Tote in any size, because of their versatility, durability, and washability.”
—Dawn, product development
2. “I would like to receive a pouf. I love to entertain and we have a few different gatherings throughout the year. I am always in need of more seating, and I love the fact that they’re not only easy to clean but can also be used both indoors and outdoors.”
—Michelle, customer service
3. “I’m planning on getting my mom the Bunny Williams Antique Batik throw and pillow for her sitting/knitting chair. I would have a hard time choosing the color, but I think she would like any of them since they’re very fresh and mimic the colors of spring flowers—forsythia, hyacinth, and cherry blossom. I usually get her a flowering bush or decorative shrub for her yard/garden, so I will probably try to coordinate it.”
—Lisa, customer service
4. “I am in love with the Cecilia tunic. It’s a nice spring/summer weight, super cute, and can also be worn out of the house as well as in! My four-year-old doesn’t know it, but this is what she is getting me for Mother’s Day this year.”
—Kortney, customer service
5. “I would like to receive one of our scarves, especially Ladder, because it’s just for me! I have a couple of Pine Cone Hill scarves and each one is unique. They can be worn so many different ways and with so many outfits. I love them!”
—Michele, inventory management
6. “The Laundered Linen Citrus throw is lightweight, but it would take the chill off spring evenings, and it’s big enough that my three-year-old and I can snuggle up in it when we read books before bed. Plus the color is gorgeous, it’s easy to take care of, and it goes with anything.”
—Jenny, art director
7. “I’ve been eyeing the Mirabelle double boudoir pillow! I love how fun yet sophisticated it is and how bright the palette is, yet it also has a lightness about it. It would be the perfect comfy addition to our reading nook.”
—Monica, VP of creative
8. “I would love a pair of the Bunny Williams for Pine Cone Hill Rajasthan pillows. I love the soft, vintage look of the fabric and the Samode Palace provenance. They will bring a breath of spring to the sofa in my kitchen.”
—Jaime, director of brand development and P.R.
9. “I love the fit, the shape, and the softness of the fabric of the Kala Indigo nightdress. Perfect for hot summer nights.”
—Kim, customer service manager
10. “The Windsor throw is perfect for snuggling up with my grandchildren—so cozy!”
—Sharon, production associate