For years, we’ve been hearing comments from customers like “Your sleepwear is so comfortable and colorful and fun, I wish I could wear them out of the house!” Which got us to thinking . . . Why not wear those pajama pants and nightdresses out? With beach season here at last, now is the perfect time to let those breezy linen nightshirts, knit minidresses, and easy drawstring pants do double duty over your favorite bathing suit. It’s a simple way to get that cruise-chic look, and it saves a boatload of cash on cover-ups.
And don’t forget the accessories! A bright tote bag, embellished sandals, chunky bracelets, sophisticated sunglasses, and an ingeniously knotted scarf can turn up the volume on basic beachwear. Check out how we’re rocking some of Annie’s favorite pieces, and stay tuned for part 2 of this post, coming next week. . . . and a special offer from Pine Cone Hill, starting July 1.
1. Toss this sunshine-happy Willow Knit minidress over your suit, add a cotton canvas tote bag in rainbow stripes (this one’s ingeniously coated in PVC, making it sand- and spill-proof), and a pair of bright lace-up wedges or gladiator sandals. With colors this effervescent, keep the jewelry simple.
2. The sheerness of this Riviera kaftan makes it perfect for layering over a one-piece or two-piece; it gives just the right amount of coverage for stopping at a café or market without looking, well, mumsy. We love this ethnic-inspired pattern paired with beaded sandals and simple metal jewelry.
3. We’re crazy for this easy pareo with a wow-pow, courtesy Annie’s Pop Paisley scarf. Drape it behind and over your suit and knot around the neck, then top if off with a pair of metallic sandals and some long dangle earrings.
4. So nice, we had to use it twice: We took the same fabulously patterned scarf used as a pareo in the last pic and draped it around the waist/back and over the shoulders to form a cowl-neck tank. It’s great over bikini and bandeau tops, especially when paired with a pair of easy, wide-leg linen pants, metallic flats, and a cuff bracelet.
5. This looks is both upscale and laid-back, thanks to wide-leg linen pants rolled at the waist), and a white bandeau jazzed up with metallic sandals, piles of bangles and rings, and an opera-length beaded necklace—which just happens to pick up one of the colors in this awesomely vibrant and roomy striped tote bag.